Submissions open: May 7, 2021
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Submission Mediums Accepted: Must be digitally created art that incorporates our Creative Genius logo (attached below) and relate to the theme “Summer Fun!”
Prizes: Top finalist in each category will receive a free Poke bowl from Poke Guys AND an exclusive art kit from Creative Genius. Winners must be able to come pick up their prize from either of our Markham schools.
Summer is coming up so what better way to celebrate summer than with an art contest! If you are under 25 years old and like to create digital art then we urge you to enter our contest! Help us design a new Facebook cover image around the theme “Summer Fun” while incorporating our logo to win. Let your creativity run wild and see what you come up with. Images must be original artwork, no photography submissions will be accepted for this contest and no photos of physical artwork will be accepted. One entry per person and images must be 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall. We will be featuring the winner’s artwork on our Facebook and LinkedIn cover image for the duration of the summer (July – September).
To download our logos click HERE
Participants must be between the ages of 6 to 25 and reside in Ontario.
Submit your images via this google forms link:
There will be an assortment of prizes awarded to the top finalist in each age category:
Children ages 6-12
Teens ages 13-18
Adults ages 19-25
(Originality) : Aesthetics and innovation (SCORE OUT OF 10)
(Overall Design) : Artistic / design implementation: development, details, believability (art) and feasibility (design) (SCORE OUT OF 10)
(Presentation) : Clear and careful delivery (SCORE OUT OF 10)
By submitting your entry, you hereby agree to the following rules and regulations. Failure to comply with the following will result in disqualification!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
2020: ART AND DESIGN COMPETITION – CONTEST RULES (the“Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (INCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on
Wednesday, July 30, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).ELIGIBILITY
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (including Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Creative Genius Art Academy (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
Have a valid email and residential address (an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, create and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free email account.
Create an original piece of visual art with the theme surrounding a current social political issue locally or globally
During the Contest Period, send an email to [email protected], which contains
all of the following elements (together, an “Entry”):
(i) attaches a photo of your artwork ; along with
(ii) your artist statement no more than 400 words
(iii) your personal contact information as outlined in the submission guidelines
4) Your Contest Photo must comply with the following specifications (the “Photo Entry Specifications”):
be your original creation, and created solely by you. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Contest Photo must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For
greater certainty, your Contest Photo must not contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by anyone other than the Sponsor, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without express, written, prior permission of the trademark or brand owner;
c. not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products;
not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
not violate any law or regulation;
not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
5) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you submit your entry as described in Section 3 and 4, above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you send an email). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR NAME AND PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF TWITTER AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) On August 7th 2021, before 11:59 p.m. ET, six (3) eligible entrant will be selected based on the competition rubric from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by private message via email and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by private message within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
confirms compliance with the contest rules;
releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion
agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, theentrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness inany form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11)You must warrant that your Contest Photo meets the Photo Entry Specifications, set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Photo that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Photo Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Photo must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Photo by Sponsor in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work (“Third Party Elements”) included in your Contest Photo.
12)Sponsor’s right to use your Contest Photo: By submitting a Contest Photo, you grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Photo and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Photo, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
13)All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to
the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the
Contest server machine(s).
19) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, an email provider. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not your email provider
Be sure to tag us on social media @creativegeniusartacademy with photos of your completed art projects so that we can share them to inspire others!