Building An Inclusive Environment
At Creative Genius Art Academy, we know that each person has an artist within, whatever their circumstances may be. According to York Region District School Board, there has been a 400% increase in students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in YRSDB over the past 7 year period.
At CGA, we believe that art has the unique ability to boost confidence through creative expression while also learning new skills. We offer instruction in a range of traditional mediums including painting, drawing, mixed media, and sculpture through classes that are tailored for students identified with Autism, Aspergers, Developmental Disabilities or Multiple Exceptionalities at different age groups. We have classes available for students will special needs to join. Feel free to email us for more details.
Ages 4 - 6 & 7 - 9
Let your child’s creative flag fly with art classes that teach children in painting, drawing, sculpting, and mixed media art. Exploration and discovery of new materials will inspire your little one to try new techniques – and learn art terminology along the way.
- Self-expression through art and creativity
- New art techniques and materials
- The principles of design: colour, form, value, shape, etc.
- Art terminology
- Character Design
- Drawing/painting foundations
- A fun new way to express themselves through art!
Pre-teen & Teen Classes
Our teen art classes expose these budding artists to a variety of different mediums and how to use them creatively for self-expression. Students will develop skills in lessons that are customized to their learning level in sculpture, painting, drawing, and mixed media.
Teens Will Learn:
- Self-expression through art
- Advanced knowledge of design principles: shape, form, value, colour etc.
- How to use new mediums to achieve their creative vision
- Art terminology
Teen Art Class Details
- Bring 11×14 sketchbook to class
- Basic art materials will be provided
- Weekly homework will be given as a supplementary portion of the course curriculum